The Plasmasonic(R) Primary Capacitor assembly contains the MMC capacitors which are part of the primary resonant circuit of the Tesla Coil. The capacitors are mounted to a 0.124" thick Printed Circuit Board (PCB) which is comprised of 6 oz. copper for maximum current carrying capacity. A high power muffin fan is also mounted to the assembly to provide cooling for the capacitors.
Although this assembly is designed for use with the Plasmsonic(R) DRSSTC system, it can also be used as a generic primary capacitor assembly for use with many small to mid-sized DRSSTC Tesla Coils. With two parallel strings made up of four (4) capacitors each, users will be able to tailor this assembly for a wire range of capacitance and voltage ratings. This assembly is compatible with all Cornell-Dubilier 942C and 940C family capacitors.
- Two parallel strings of four (4) series connected capacitors
- Compatible with all Cornell-Dubilier 942C and 940C pulse capacitors
- 0.124" FR-4 PCB Board for maximum rigidity
- 6 oz. effective copper weight for high current carrying capacity
- 115VAC high CFM cooling fan
- Polycarbonate support structure with two (2) 10-32 threaded inserts for mounting to a base or enclosure